Saturday, November 11, 2017

Liminal - aka 'meditative landscape swirl'

This acrylic painting was originally designed to serve as a cover image for an anthology of poetry. Although that book didn't come to fruition I still found this artwork to be worth creating. Originally a pencil sketch the design had some digital development, in particular the color scheme before being rendered traditionally. The size of the work is 35.6 x 27.9 cm.
When I saved this image file for the web without a color profile I noticed the colors had become a little desaturated. Having re-saved with one I saw a marked improvement, though I suspect not all computers can read all color profiles - hopefully you are seeing it at its original vividness. 



'Liminal'

2 comments:

  1. Great work!! You are very talented! Your descriptions of your pieces are informative & take the viewer on a journey.
    Thankyou :-)

    ReplyDelete