Thursday, February 10, 2011

Series

The following is a collection of 9 acrylic paintings which together form a wordless sequential narrative. All are approximately 25cm x 25cm and were completed during 2009. I came up with the core idea a few years before this while I was studying although then I didn't have the time to develop it. Of the completed line drawings a course interviewer said they were 'impressionistic', I suppose they were and perhaps the end result is too. This series led me to appreciate the potential of having multiple images to a piece thus allowing greater complexity of things I could depict. Since this work I have completed 2 further series albeit in a single panel format akin to a page of a comic or graphic novel (a lot less time consuming). Oh, I almost forgot: the series is called 'I'm Fine' as it would be the answer to the unasked question.

'I'm Fine'   1 of 9
'I'm Fine'   2 of 9
'I'm Fine'   3 of 9
'I'm Fine'   4 of 9
'I'm Fine'   5 of 9
'I'm Fine'   6 of 9
'I'm Fine'   7 of 9
'I'm Fine'   8 of 9
'I'm Fine'   9 of 9

1 comment:

  1. Really like this series Peter. Love the textures, colours, and the way you narrate the story.

    ReplyDelete